Ramblings of a madman.........weird...man........

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Love

For me, this is one of THE most romantically inclined sad songs!

We both lie silently still
In the dead of the night
Although we both lie close together
We feel miles apart inside

Was it something I said or something I did
Did my words not come out right
Though I tried not to hurt you
Though I tried
But I guess thats why they say

Chorus:
Every rose has its thorn
Just like every night has its dawn
Just like every cowboy sings his sad, sad song
Every rose has its thorn

Yeah it does

I listen to our favorite song
Playing on the radio
Hear the dj say loves a game of easy come and
Easy go
But I wonder does he know
Has he ever felt like this
And I know that you'd be here right now
If I could have let you know somehow
I guess

Chorus

Though its been a while now
I can still feel so much pain
Like a knife that cuts you the wound heals
But the scar, that scar remains

Solo

I know I could have saved a love that night
If Id known what to say
Instead of makin love
We both made our separate ways

But now I hear you found somebody new
And that I never meant that much to you
To hear that tears me up inside
And to see you cuts me like a knife
I guess


What is love? - The eternal journey you can indulge into if you are the kind or ....... if you are SO bored in life!
Sometimes, I think............ when two people understand each other, know each other to a very large extent and can bear each other, it may turn into love. Cliche, you say? Let me try to dive inside a li'l now.........
a) Understand = Know like and dislikes.
b) Know each other = Know each other's goal(s) in life, career or otherwise.
c) Bear each other = This is a li'l tricky. You don't have to have common interests to fall in love. Sometimes common interest(s) attracts people. Sometimes, contrasting characters attract, aka opposite poles.

The real question is this : Is love just all of the above? Is there more which CAN be put into words? I wonder............

3 comments:

elvido said...

hmmm...

Love,its the most bandied about emotion isn't it? Sometimes I think there's too much value for the emotion than the people actually involved, people in "love" expect and are expected to be on another plane..

I agree its a bloody wonderful feeling, can say from experience that its definitely not just the one time, those of who u say that it is, I gotta admit its sad that you haven't had lovin in your life on more occasions.

The song's beautiful, the sentiment appreciable, but in the end it IS 2 people who think for various reasons {most of which is a combination and sometimes singular factors}

So its pretty much like a check list in one's head, we are always measuring, deciding... For some the search is frustating, some its rewarding, some its fun...


Most of all, as they say, "Its not the destination, its the journey", so love need not have an end to it but the feeling of being in it is enough drug for the junkie!!!

Am I gonna stop if love comes knocking? You must be s*&^%*&g me!!!! Life's with rose tinted glasses bro!!!!

Forget about the hangover, just get high!!!!!!!!!!!!

jaskdfsskjdfhsd said...

Love, goes much beyond your checklist.There is much more to love than knowing, understanding and bearing one another.It's pretty easy to 'fall' in love, it's the working-to-keep-it-going part that needs the attention.It involves a lot of letting go of things, a lot of one's undivided attention to the other's needs/wants, so on and so forth.
I remember a while ago one of my closest friend's father said to us(my fiance and me) giving us his blessings of course, that, "always love each other and always forgive each other".It hit me like meteor.Personally, it's all about involving yourself in your partner.The more you involve yourself in him/her the more you know you value, appriciate and most of all Love the person.The more selfless you are the more you love and the more you are loved.
Love/marriage to me is the strongest relationship hanging by a thread.Any one of you mess up and *snap* goes the thread.

Like I said earlier, it's easy to fall in love it's all about making it work.

Anonymous said...

This is a line from a very silly chick flick. However, it really lingered on in my mind. "Love is friendship on fire". Literally, it is hilarious and ridiculous - but love's not about the mundane in life, is it?
Mridula Udupa
P:S - I forgot the username and password to my blog - sacrilege, nah?